Tuesday, August 19, 2014

NY-Blueberries!

We took a morning to find a place to pick blueberries, and while we didn't end up at the place we were looking for, the one we found was absolutely delightful!  In NY, there are so many U-pick places, and this one was super cute.  I don't think I've ever seen a blueberry patch as well taken care of as this one.  Each bush was surrounded by it's own, square patch of hay, and the grass was trimmed, no weeds, it was gorgeous!  The blueberries were amazing.  If you've never had a FRESH blueberry right from the bush, you're missing out!

Owen did such a great job picking.  In fact, I kept hearing this happy humming from all around me, and I just assumed it was Marin, but lo and behold, it was my little Owen, happy as a clam, filling up his bucket. 


 The day was absolutely gorgeous, bright blue skies, big puffy clouds, and a nice breeze on the hill.  Marin was a great picker, she contributed quite a bit to the final count!
 Look at those berries!

 Wearing my super comfy pregnancy shirt, I was so content to pick berries.  Picking berries brought me back to my childhood; we would go and pick berries a couple times every year.  So nostalgic.

 Across the road from the blueberry patch was this gorgeous field and barn.  Nothing to hear but the sound of the breeze.  Absolutely perfect.
We stopped for some pizza.  Nothing like a NY style crust.  No matter where I've gone for pizza, it's never the same as is it in NY.
 Aaaaand a little soft serve dipped in chocolate.
I think blueberry picking was honestly my favorite day.  So relaxing and perfect.  I think for my bedtime snack while I was there, I had a bowl of blueberries with milk and sugar about three times.  SO good, there really isn't anything like it.

No comments: