Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Owen at 2 Years and 2 Months

This is my buddy, Owen...with mama.  Owen is such a sweet boy and I just love love LOVE him!  My kids are growing and changing so fast these days, I need to do a little spotlight on each of them more frequently, so I will remember all of those little things!


Owen at 2 years and 2 months (to the day, even, wow!) loves:

~His mama, he is still a mama's boy...and it melts my heart!
~His daddy, because daddy has all the cool tools, of course!
~His big sis, because she has all those intriguing toys she won't let him play with.  And because she is so sweet to him.
~CARS.  Anything with wheels and/or an engine, he is ALL about it.
~Balls.  If you can throw it, he will want to play with it.  He runs around with his miniature football and repeatedly asks anyone he can find "Play football, mama?  Play football??".
~Doggies.  Of course.  What little boy doesn't love dogs?!  I love hearing him shout "Doggie, mama, look!  Look mama, doggie!!!".
~Noodles.  Spaghetti, Ramen, mac and cheese, if it has noodles, he's all over it, a true boy at heart.

And some other tidbits about my sweet boy:

~It seems that every time Owen plays in the sandbox, I find that he's shoved a fistful in his mouth...as evidence by sand IN his mouth.  Every time!!  I'm not sure if he's just following 'Boy Protocol' or something, but he has to eat a mouthful of sand every single time!
~Some of the books he loves to read currently are:  "Llama, Lama Time To Share", "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie", and the Clifford books.  
~Before bed, every night, he requests that we sing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" and "I Am a Child of God".  He knows almost all of the words, and it bring tears to my eyes.
~Owen is talking in pretty complete sentences, and it blows me away!  He knows exactly how to express his needs!
~If he wants an orange, and no one is around to peel it for him, he'll just bit right through it.
~He loves cooked broccoli and eating salad with raspberry walnut vinaigrette.
~He has big freckles all across his cheeks and nose, CUTE!
~Loves to be a naked boy after his bath and run around in the nude. (But, what kid doesn't like that?)

We are so grateful to have this sweet boy in our family, he is such a bright ball of sunshiney happiness and we just love him to pieces!


1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

These spotlights are my FAVORITE blog posts you've done in a long time--they're all so sweet, but these are especially adorable!