Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Treats

As most of you all know, I am ALWAYS looking for an excuse to be in the kitchen, and Valentine's Day is the perfect reason to indulge in a little festive baking :) Last night while Kris was doing homework (he is feeling much better by the way), I whipped up some delicious crispy vanilla cookies and yummy banana muffins. These are not for MOI, mind you, I bundled them up into my favorite cellophane bags (LOVE THEM!) and they will be headed out to my visiting teaching ladies this week! Giving away treats is a great way to...well...not eat them myself, haha! Check them out!
Yummm, crispy vanilla cookies rolled in pink sugar (so cute!!!).

Ahhh, as I was doing some prep-work for my turn tonight for the dinner club, I was leafing through this great little cookbook. This is an amazing cookbook my Aunt Janie compiled and designed for the entire Owens family in 2003. She must have spent so much time and energy putting it together! It is a categorized cookbook of Owens family favorites, and almost every one of those recipes is one that I have great memories of.....Aunt Janie's famous 7-layer salad, broccoli casserole, Grandma's UBER famous baked beans (I STILL can't make them as well as she can!), frog's eye salad, Uncle Brian's "Bullfrog". So many recipes from my cousins and aunt's and uncle's, ahhh, I just love it!

No comments: