Monday, July 21, 2014

Fingers, Toes and Belly Grows...

There are times when I struggle with what to do with my kids, I think every parent has those moments.  Those moments are a little more frequent these days, so I told Marin she could paint my toenails and I would paint her finger and toenails. Sold.  I told her just one color on my toes, and she picked out this cool tangerine/red color...with clear glitter to sprinkle on top.  For Marin's toes, we alternated two different pinks, and for her fingernails, my teal glittery polish.  She felt super fancy!

My girl at swim lessons.  This was her last day in Level I, and today was her first day in Level II.  She has come so far and I am so proud of her.  Swimming is something I'm not the best at, so knowing my girl is getting a head start on that makes me so relieved.  Owen started his preschool swim class today, so he'll have two weeks and we'll see how he does!


Poor Marin came upstairs at 2am Saturday and said her legs felt funny and she didn't feel well.  I wasn't sure what was going on, so I gave her something to drink and some Tylenol and sent her back to bed.  She was back upstairs in 5 minutes and said she was ready to throw up...which she did.  Fortunately she made it to the toilet.  But, she spent the night in our bed with a bucket, and daddy whisked her to the toilet every 20-30 minutes to barf....7 times.  Poor kid.  I felt so bad for her.  It was a long night, and even though Kris was the one hauling himself out of bed with her, I was still awake for every time.  She threw up twice the next morning after getting up and seemed to be OK after that.  BUT, it was a loong Saturday, and kind of put the kai-bash on any plans for anything.  I think it was just a 12 hour bug, fortunately.
 This is our cat, Peaches.  She is such a funny cat, loves her belly being scratched...I mean seriously, how many cats like that?!  She got pretty comfy on Kris's lap the other afternoon.

Daddy built a fort with the kids yesterday afternoon while I made dinner.  It was quite the fort!  And honestly, one of my favorite things has got to be working in the kitchen while my amazing husband plays with our kids in the next room.  Absolutely one of my fave things ever.  Kristoffer is such a great dad, and I am one lucky gal.
 The kids LOVE daddy.  They absolutely maul him.  He told me he's getting too old for this, and I told him it's not allowed, because we're not done having kids!
 So exhausting!
 The cat wasn't sure what to do with all the screaming and squeeling.

And then it was movie time, and everyone piled on daddy....again.  I told Kris that he should feel flattered.


Owen saw this picture on a binder and asked if that man was being spanked.  I almost died laughing, as did Kristoffer.  Even now, so funny.  Kids are so literal!
 I asked my hubby to take a few belly shots for me, which he did, but I should have done it in the morning.  By afternoon-time, I look and feel exhausted!  And here I am with my cute little photo-bomber.


27 weeks!  Crazy.  Seriously.  I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is flying by.  I can't really complain too much, because I know it will be over before I know it.  However difficult moments are, I do enjoy being pregnant.  It's an incredible feeling knowing I've been monumentally blessed to be a co-creator with my husband and the Lord in the creation of a fresh, new little life.  And that with all the complicated parts of creating a new human being, it's amazing how often it comes out right.  Really and truly!


 Kind of my more favorite picture.  I don't look completely wiped out here.  Baby girl is getting so BIG!  Nesting hasn't hit yet....which it will soon.  I try so hard to be productive about house projects, and I'm really losing steam with every passing day.  It's a lot of work to grow a baby, phew!  Grateful to have an amazing hubby who loves his wife.


No comments: