Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ski Day!

Monday was MLK Day, and Kristoffer had the day off, so we did something we've been wanting to do for a while, SKI!!  Not only that, we took Marin up for her very first ski lesson.  The day could not have gone any smoother, it was perfect.

Owen had his turn with the ski helmet and goggles before we left, he thought he was pretty hot stuff.
Marin trying to hide from the mama-paparazzi.
There's the cute girl coming in from the slopes!
Getting a sticker on her badge.  And below, a picture with her instructor, Sean.  He told us she did great, and really used her leg muscles once she got off the lift, so proud of my girl!!
A funny face from our onion rings.
Happy girl scarfing down her pizza and cheetos....we let her splurge for lunch.
Mama with helmet hair.
Happy girl.  We watched some You-Tube videos of kids skiing before we went, and every time a kid would fall, the screen would switch to a little kid laughing hysterically.  It was kind of like a subconscious conditioning that falling is funny.  And so, every time she fell, she laughed!
There's my skier girl!
She really had a blast.  We took her down the bunny hill about five or six times, and she did GREAT.  We just let her alone, and off she went.  She kept telling us how much she liked skiing.  I love that I see a real, true blue smile on this girl's face, I don't capture that very often with a lens.



Lunch with daddy!

Happy Girl.
Daddy was super proud of his little skier.


I love this picture of Marin and Kristoffer, so sweet!
And Kristoffer and I got to ski a few runs while Marin was in ski-school.  It's been about 5 years since I've been up, so it took a little while to get my ski legs back, but it was so awesome to be skiing again...especially with my hubby, even if he does zoom all around me on the mountain...show off ;)
And VIDEOS!  The first one is sideways, but really cute. 



So proud of my little girl, she tried hard and had fun, and that's what matters!

1 comment:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

That is so awesome! Go Marin! So glad she did well and had fun. We have been wanting to take our kids but I have been a little nervous on how they would do, but this totally makes me want to take them! And I definitely need to condition them to laugh when they fall! haha :)