Monday, January 14, 2013

Hockey, Golfing, Cafe Rio

We managed to make it through the holidays, and plow on through to January.  I need to get back on the blogging train and kick this year off right, I feel like I've missed so much!

So, let's start with some hockey!  We took the kids to a hockey game this past Saturday night after late naps and it was fffffffreezing!  At least it was outside, brrrr!  And as for the game, I think the kids had more fun watching the bear mascot than the actual game itself.  And who was playing?  The Utah Grizzlies played the Las Vegas Wranglers....we were a little torn as to who we should cheer for, but we are Utahns now, so we cheered for the home team.
 Next time we need to bring our brother in law, Justin, who used to play hockey, so we can understand the game a little better!
 Keeping an eye out for that mascot.
 It wouldn't be hockey game without Red Vines!

 Marin helping mama make pizza muffins.
 This is how we do hide and seek at the Lyman house!
 My poor little Owen woke up a week ago around 11pm with a terrible barky, croupy cough and was retracting BAD.  I threw a few nebulizer treatments at him and he wasn't getting any better, and since the onset was so quick, I didn't want the crash to come just as quick at home, so I took him to ER.  Of course, with croup and nice COLD air outside, by the time we got there, he was much better, but we took some steroids and went home.

 If I'm allowed to share...Bestemor broke her arm skiing!  :(  Of course, I didn't take any pictures, per request, but we took a few trips to go visit her and cheer her up with her sweet grandbabies.
 And roller skating!  We went to the Hollywood Connection ( they have a TON of kids stuff there) and we went roller skating.  I will say, I have a hard time on skates, not being able to get my footing is a big deal for me.  BUT, in finding the joy in each moment, I forged ahead and we really did have a great time.  Marin was super nervous and required a LOT of positive reinforcement, but by the end, she was starting to get the hang of it; I was so proud of her!!
 Also at Hollywood Connection....mini golf!  It was so cute to watch the kids with their tiny golf clubs.
 We briefly tried to help them hold their clubs, but it was all for naught.  And that's ok.  We're raising kids, not mini golfing.


 And some lunch at Cafe Rio, yum!
 Owen with his lime.  He loves chewing lemons and limes.
We love our Saturdays!

No comments: