Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dear Marin

My Dearest Marin:
My sweet first child, I love you.  I love you so much.  As my first child, I have experienced an overwhelming change of body, mind, and soul as I transitioned to having a mother-heart, all because of you.  You have brought depths of love and understanding to my emotions I would have never otherwise experienced.  I have experienced moments of selfless grief and insurmountable excitement in such small and simple things.  You have brought many, many proud smiles to mommy and daddy's face.  What a smart, beautiful, capable little person you have become already at only 2&1/2!  I am so proud to be your mother.  I am overcome with emotion as I think that the Lord entrusted me to care for you and teach you the way.  You are a most precious gift from Him and I realize each day how much love and care you still need...and will continue to need as life becomes more and more difficult.  Always know mommy and daddy will be here for you, to love you and help you.  We will always give you the loving home you deserve and be the selfless parents you need.  Now, as we spend our last day together as just the 3 of us, you, mommy and daddy, my eyes swell with tears to think you have become an irreplaceable part of our lives.  No matter how many brothers and sisters come along, you will always be my sweet little Marin.  There will never be another YOU, no replacement for the way daddy and I feel about you.  We have loved being a little family with just you, for the last 2&1/2 years.  Tomorrow we add another little person to love to our family and we know you will be a wonderful big sister.  My sweet Marin...we love you, forever.
Love, Mommy and Daddy

A snuggle with daddy when her belly was keeping her up at night.
 A slide ride on a VERY cold and windy day.
 Our sweet girl.
 Frosting and eating cupcakes last night for Valentine's Day Dessert.
 Happy Girl!
 Licking off all that frosting!
 Eating her Kix this morning.  She has those deliciously sad eyes, I love them.

No comments: