Thursday, November 5, 2015

Furniture Project: Front Room Chairs

I have had these amazing chairs sitting in my front room for over two years now and it was FINALLY time for the change!  They were given to me by my mother in law who was getting rid of some things, and I gratefully took them.

They have such great structure, but needed a little bit of updating, so I finally found a weekend, some fabric and paint and got it done!

I reupholstered the cushions which was fairly easy...though the old fabric was attached with a ridiculous amount of staples, so it took more time than I anticipated.  The actual re upholstery took maybe 15 minutes for all three chair.  I found the perfect paint, which was actually spray paint:  French Cream (are you surprised?), and it is THE perfect shade of creamy white for these chairs.  Not too blindingly white, not too yellow.  And then I found some cute new pillow shams at Hobby Lobby for super cheap.  

I LOVE the way they turned out, they totally brighten up the front room and they just make me super happy.  I have been wanting to do some kind of a project for a while and this made me smile, I'm such a sucker for DIY stuff!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Beautiful!!! I love it!