Thursday, April 5, 2012

Full Ducks

Saturday was such a perfect day, it was absolutely gorgeous outside, and it was General Conference weekend...yes!  We had some friends over for a BBQ in between sessions and it was so nice to be on the back porch with a grill and hamburgers and watching the kids play in the yard.  After conference was over, we took the kids to Sugarhouse Park, just to get out of the house.  We took some leftover rolls for the ducks, but let me tell you...I think everyone in Utah had the same idea to feed ducks that day, because they could have cared less about the bread!  We ended up feeding the seagulls, and I suppose they were fairly grateful. 

 A little girl and some big mountains.
 Can I get out now, mama?
 My sweet girl, she is such a cutie.
 Most of the ducks were sleeping off their all-day-bread-feast.
 We gave Owen a roll and showed him what to do....
 He thought that was a waste of bread, so he ate his piece.

And I'm so grateful for General Conference, I really love Saturday sessions, for some reason the talks have a special 'zing' to them, and that Jeffrey Holland, boy do I love his talks.  He has a way of speaking to my heart and I am grateful for his inspiration.  His story about a weary widowed mother to seven children spoke to my heart.  I'm not widowed, and I don't have seven children, but there are frequently moments when I look to the heavens just as that widow did, with tears in my eyes and say that it's just too hard...I just don't have the strength to keep giving.  I can't leave my post to come to Him for rest, but He, can come to me.  In moments when there is nothing more to give, nowhere else to go, we can know that all we need to do is invite the Lord, and He will come and comfort our weary souls.  How MUCH I need to remember this!!!!!  It's a daily struggle, but I am working on it.  I'm just so happy I have General Conference every six months to remind me.

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Soooooo cute!!! I love pictures at the playground. And was it me, or was this general conference especially wonderful?