Saturday, November 29, 2014

Family of Five: Settling In!

Transitioning to three children has taken me for an absolute RIDE, let me tell you.  I've cried...and cried, and cried some more.  Mostly out of sheer exhaustion, really.  Sweet Rosalie is colicky, and it's been a hard realization as a mother.  When your baby cries ans cries and cries...ALL the time, and can't be put down for more than thirty seconds, literally...if that long.  It makes me wonder what I did wrong, you know?  And even though I know it's nothing I did, I still can't help but take it a little personally.  So I spend my days snuggling a newborn, which is wonderful and I love it so, SO much, but she's just...a crying baby, bummer huh?!

I was climbing the walls a few weeks ago, so I took Owen to the park.  He does such a great a job on his bike, those training wheels will be off next summer, for sure!
 This is when my Rosie is the most content, right after she's done eating, completely full to the gills with milk.
 Marin was absolutely insistent on being Elsa for Halloween, so I tried my hardest to pull off the circular French braid...and it actually came out super cute!
 My crazy Ninja.
 Just a little two week old Rosie and Mama!
 I showed Marin how to do leaf rubbings a few weeks ago, she thought it was pretty cool.
 Sweet face, how can I be frustrated at this face for long?
 My position on the couch when I feed her....twelve times a day, it seems!
 Same life, different day!
 And the kitty on my lap.  She needs attention.
 Everyday, sans makeup. 
 Four week old pictures!  She is getting so big!
 A few happy moments!

 We love having a fireplace, and when it got cold the other week, we turned it on...it was so nice!  The kitty loved it, too.
 Sunset on the mountains, we have such a pretty view.
 We actually had a wintertime rainbow, how crazy is that?
 Aaaand introducing my new size NINE feet.  Yeah, I'm so not thrilled about the half size upgrade.  I've escaped it up until this third baby, but the mom-foot-monger finally found me :(
 A rare picture of me WITH makeup on and not looking like death, huzzah!
 My mother says she looks like me when I was a baby....I'd have to agree, but I have a feeling it wont last; my other two kids have turned out looking just like daddy!
 My little Owen after pre-school, he loves preschool.
 Just the other day, snuggling with daddy.  Her baby hair is falling out already, and her new hair is coming in, look at her hairline!  I have a feeling she's going to have dark hair!
So glad we are finally *starting* to settle into a routine...at six weeks old!  It's taken a looong time, and it's veeeery slow going with this girl, but we are making progress I like to think. 

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Congrats on your beautiful third child! It is such hard work to balance doing everything you need to, somehow sleeping, getting to do even one thing just for yourself even once a week or once a month, and handling all the emotions. I hope everything gets easier and easier!

Colleen said...

So cute! I feel you about the growing feet. My feet grew a whole size with my first! Awful! Nice job on the braid. :) You're beautiful with or without makeup!