Monday, September 9, 2013

Shazaam! New Carpet.

It finally came!  We ordered carpet almost two months ago, and it's finally in!  We decided to do the upstairs first.  Only because the carpet on the main floor which is the same blue, goes right through into the dining room, and we really don't want carpet in there.  I'm sure carpet in the dining room would be fine if you didn't have little kids, or friends with little kids over for dinner, but it just doesn't make sense in my book.  And we want to put hardwoods on the main floor, haha, that's only going to take us, oh, a few years to save up for.  ANYWAY, the basement has other carpet that we also don't like, and it's old, but only half of the basement is finished, so Kristoffer wants to wait until the whole thing is finished before we change out the carpet down there.  So here we start, the before:


 The actual color of the blue is quite pretty, but I just can't swallow it as a carpet.




 After!!!
 We went with the twisted texture carpet, only because it's relatively forgiving of the inevitable dirt/stain from children.  I'm pretty happy with it.  It completely changes the look of the house.  Now I only wish I could get the REST of that blue carpet out!

 Ok, this room.  This is a little bit of a side trip, this room is SUCH an awkward shape.  It's kind of an 'L' shape, and as a singular room, it's too big for one child, or for a future nursery, but if we cut it half and have each side take one of the existing windows, the one room would be waaaay too small for an actual room.  I think it could be maybe a brand new newborn room, but it couldn't fit a bed with anything else.  I'm a little torn as to what I want to do with it right now.  We've just had the guest room stuff in there for now, and office stuff, but I don't think that's going to work out permanently.  Any suggestions, let me know, I'm all ears!!


 The leftover carpet.  It's actually quite a bit, I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, can't let it go to waste!
 Totally unrelated, but we finally attached our house numbers back on the house.  Before, they were cheap, gold numbers stuck to the house with superglue (many things in this house we've found have been fixed with either duck tape or super glue, yeah).  So I pulled them off, sprayed them with bronze spray, and mounted them on a piece of wood I sprayed white.  It's nothing huge, but it looks a ton better, and it's one more way to make the house our own.
My mind is filled with a zillion more things I wish I could do right away, but we're waiting for...ca-chiiing.  Yeah, the realities of owning a home.  It's ok, I know no one talks about money, but I'll say it, if only for my kids' sake, children if you're reading this someday, a new home is tons of fun, but you WILL run out of money, haha!

No comments: