Thursday, March 31, 2016

February Fabulosity

It's no secret that I *totally* heart Valentines Day.  For real.  I know, I know...some people hate it.  Whatever.  I know you guys celebrate love everyday yadda yadda yadda.  I also enjoy celebrating Christ everyday, but I still like celebrating Christmas.  Boom.  

Anyway, I love V-Day and I put up decorations and it makes the little girl in me totally giddy again, it's so great!

February can be pretty drab and yucky, so maybe that's part of the reason I love Valentine's Day so much, it gives me something to look forward to.  I love hanging my wax hearts every year; they adorn my front window and are super pretty, especially with beautiful sunsets.

I almost forgot.  This year the kids made their own vision boards for the new year...something I want to do every year.  They had so much fun finding pictures of things they love and want to achieve and gluing them onto their paper.
 Rosie took her job of ripping up magazines very seriously.  She actually had a blast, haha!
 Marin's Board.
 Owen's Board.

 Marin decorated her Valentine's Box and it turned out SO cute!  I love that she is girly and frilly with purple and pink and butterflies.  This box quite literally represents so much of what Marin loves!  But all in order and neatly done; so Marin.
 I had some things coming up in February and I wanted to get to a house project beforehand.  I have been wanting to do something to this wall (in particular) for SO long.  Since we moved in and painted the rooms.  I even bought some high gloss paint for an overlay pattern I planned on doing....but I just didn't  get around to it, which usually means it wasn't what I wanted to do to begin with. 
 Once I found what I *really* wanted to do, I honed in on two other walls.  This small side wall here.  I have since also actually fixed up the decor a little.
And the front wall.  I just wanted something to focus on, to bring texture to wall surrounding the giant window which I LOVE.
All geared up and ready to go.
I saw these gold scallops on this blog that I follow and LOVE.  Once I saw it, I knew it was for me.  I started with this small wall.  And my neck was hurting so much.

This wall was the easiest.  Straight sides, no angles.  And it looks so beautiful!  Doing house projects makes my heart so happy, especially when it turns out like this!

It was a bit difficult to get a picture of the front wall with all the light, so I did my best to lighten it up.  Again, I am SO thrilled with how it all turned out!  
That month, Kris and I threw a Valentine's party with some friends.  It was so fun!  We ended up having four other couples over for a 1940's themed party, appetizers to share, games, and a kissing booth.  I think this is something I'll want to do every year!  One of my fave pictures from the night...truth be told, I have no idea where all of our pictures from the night ended up!  I can't find them!
I was absolutely racing around my house that evening to get it and everything else ready...so I had a few minutes to throw on my party clothes and do my hair....luckily, my hair was behaving and it just kind of...turned out.  SO lucky!  I wish cool up-do's were an "in" thing, maybe I should start a trend.

I had a great time for the first half of February, and I'm not done yet!

No comments: