Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Family Life

Day to day life is pretty boring for us around here, but we try to make the most of it.  This is Owen...playing with daddy, in a game called "Fight the Pillow".  Owen stands on the bed with his wooden sword, and daddy throws the pillows at Owen.  Owen then fights them off, all the while with his chin stuck way out in defiant determination.  He's actually quite good, considering how hard Kristoffer throws those pillows!
 Ahh, my son...
 My boys are hilarious.
This is a snake...in a box.  The other Sunday, I pulled into our garage after church, and there was the little snake on the floor...I had crunched the back half of his tail.  Kristoffer swept it into a box, and I was ready to toss it in the trash, but in case you didn't know, my husband has a soft spot for snakes.  He owned a few snakes in college.  Yeah.  We have a temporary snake now.  I'm not thrilled about it.  I don't hate snakes, but you know...it's a snake, and I don't exactly want one in my house.  So in the spring when it's warmer, we will take it far away and set it free.
 The other week, it was sunny and bright with blue skies, and I needed to get some fresh air, so we walked to the park across the street for a few laps and to play at the play ground.  Owen was being a stinker and didn't want to walk, Marin was thrilled to be outside though.
 There's my cutie girl, such a sweetheart.
 I went to my favorite bargain store, and they had these fresh, amazing, CHEAP strawberries.  YUM, they were so good, I miss berries.  Spring, come soon!!
These two ended up at the dentist because Owen fell in the bathtub and chipped his front tooth.  Just a little chip, but we are headed back tomorrow so they can sand down his tooth.  Aye-yai-yai.
 Seriously, cutest dentist office ever. 
 The hallways are decorated like a little street, each doorway being it's own store, like this little gas station...
 ...and post office....
 ....a barber shop.
 Marin's a pro, poor thing.  She showed Owen the ropes.  Poor Marin has more cavities, I feel bad for my girl, her teeth are so not strong.  So she'll be going back next week.  Owen's check-up, minus the chip was ship shape, no cavities for him!  My wallet is heaving a sigh of relief for that one.
My little sweetie getting all her Valentine's ready for school.  She chose two kinds, Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First, and we stapled a package of M&M's to each one.  She wrote her name so neatly on each Valentine, such a big girl.
 My boy helped mama make his birthday cake.  He, of course, got to lick the beater.
 My hubby is such a catch, he buys me flowers and it makes me melt every time.  I know flowers die, but there is nothing like fresh flowers from the man of your dreams, eh?  Kristoffer ended up buying me flowers twice last week for two different reasons, and I loved arranging them into my scant collection of vases.
 My hubby, he even found our wedding color roses for Valentine's Day, which he reminded me are *very* hard to find!
 And he always bring me a dark chocolate bar, and the cards with the best stuff in them!
These two crazies ended up joining us for our V-Day dinner...unexpectedly.  There was a little hiccup with the babysitter, so the joined us for Famous Daves BBQ.
 My sweet kids, they really were so good.  Mama was struggling until she got some food, that's usually the way I roll anyway, I hadn't had a big lunch since I knew we were going out for dinner, so my brain was not functioning properly
 You might be able to see...I'm wearing lipstick!  Boom.  Shockin' y'all, huh?!  I love they way it looks, but I am just that kind of girl where it bugs me to even wear bracelets for too long because I can feel them on me, same thing with rings, belts, any jewelry, lots of makeup.  BUT, it's fun to get all dressed up and look pretty!
I'll have to post more on Owen's birthday party later.  This is his construction cake.  By far, the messiest cake I've *ever* made, but just what it was supposed to be.  Owen was enamored.  He kept staring at it.  He loved it. 
More to come!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I want to join in the "Fight the Pillow", looks so fun! I can't believe you kept the snake!?! :) Now I want some strawberries, those look yummy! I love the dentist office and street. Why do they reserve all the cute stuff for kids? :) I love seeing kids' faces after they lick the beater. Pretty flowers and nice hubby! Cute dateS for Valentines. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one that's not a big jewelry/lipstick person. You look super cute! LOVE the cake and glad Owen liked it. :)